Slusser Senior Center Rental Application
Town of Hopkinton, NH
41 Houston Drive Contoocook NH 03229
Director (603) 746-2915
Date of Application (14 days prior to use):_________________________
Date facility requested:__________________ Cost:_________________
Time:_____________________ Estimated Attendance:_______________
Name & Organization:__________________________________________
Purpose of Rental:_____________________ Phone:__________________
Area Requested: Please Circle
Kitchen Dining Room Living Room Deck
Conference Room Fitness Room
Will food be served?________ If so, what type?______________________
Will children be present?_____ If so, how many?_____________________
Will you be bringing in outside equipment?____
If yes, please explain?___________________________________________
Please circle one:
In-Town Non-Profit Organization holding a non-money making event:
Out of town Non-Profit Organization holding a non-money making event:
$40 – up to 4 hours $80 – more than 4 hours
In-Town Non-Profit Organization holding a money-making event:
In-Town Organization or In-Town Group/Individual (non-money making):
$100 – up to 4 hours $200 – more than 4 hours
Out-of-Town Organization, Group/Individual holding a non-money making event:
$140 – up to 4 hours $280 – more than 4 hours
Any Organization, (Out of Town) Non-Profit, Group/Individual holding a money making event:
$200 – up to 4 hours $400 – more than 4 hours
Conference Room for any In-Town Non-Profit or For-Profit Group is free on a first come first basis. The room’s capacity is 10 people.
Payment of Fees & Deposit Returns
1. All groups are subject to pay a $100 security deposit.
2. Payment of all rental fees and deposits must be made with application
3. The security deposit may be refunded all or in part, depending upon the condition of the facility following the activity and after any cleaning or damage fees incurred are deducted.
4. The length of rental period includes preparation, set-up, and tear-down/clean-up times. If a group uses a facility for a portion of an hour, they will be charged for the full hour.
5. The security deposit will be returned to the Organization/Representative within 7 days of the last date listed for the event, provided the user has not violated the rules set forth in this agreement and has returned all keys to the Recreation Department.
The Organization/Representative shall obtain a policy, or policies, of general insurance in the state of New Hampshire that provides coverage for personal injury and property damage in the amount of at least $1,000,000 for each person, and $2,000,000 total for personal injuries or death suffered by any person or persons arising from the use of the facility or the services provided. The Organization/Representative shall name the Town of Hopkinton as named insured and the Organization/Representative shall provide notice to the Recreation Department of proof of insurance in the form of a certificate of insurance at least ten (14) days in advance of the event. Failure to obtain a certificate of insurance does not constitute a waiver of such insurance by the Town of Hopkinton. Failure of a group to provide
the Recreation Department with a certificate of insurance will result in the cancellation of the event and the Organization/Representative will be responsible for any fees incurred.
Building Setup & Cleanup
1.Tape, nails, screws, pushpins, staples, etc. are not permitted in/on the walls, woodwork, or fixtures.
2. The user shall be responsible for set-up, breakdown, and clean-up of the area(s) used. Failure to leave the facility clean will result in the user forfeiting all or a portion of the security deposit to cover the costs of janitorial or repair services.
1. A full refund will be given if the Recreation Department receives a two-week notice that the event will not be taking place. A 25% fee (from the total registration amount) will be assessed if the Organization/Representative does not give two weeks notice. There will be no refund given if the event is cancelled within 3 days of the event.
2. The Recreation Director reserves the right to cancel your function at anytime, even when it is in progress, should you, or any of your guests, violate terms to this agreement.
3. This cancellation may be at the Recreation Director's sole discretion; this decision will be binding and final. In such cases, the Recreation Director shall retain all payments and shall not be liable for any charges or forfeited deposits imposed by your caterer, contracted equipment provider or other service providers.
1. Chaperones are required for groups whose participants are below 18 years of age. All chaperones must be 21 years of age or older and are subject to the approval of the Recreation Director. The number of chaperones required will be vested solely with the Recreation Director who will exercise his judgment and experience in determination of the required number.
2. A key for the Slusser Senior Center can be signed out at the Recreation Department the day of an event or the last working day prior to weekend or holiday use. The key must be returned the next working day to the Recreation Department. Security deposits will not be refunded until key is returned. A $25 fee will be assessed if key is not returned within three working days following the end of the event.
3. Delivery of supplies or equipment will not be accepted in the facility prior to the beginning time for the rental without prior approval from the Director.
4. No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the Slusser Senior Center or within the grounds.
5. Smoking is not permitted within the Slusser Senior Center or within ten (10) feet of entrances, exits and on the outdoor deck. The user must ensure that all cigarettes are disposed in the proper receptacle.
6. The use of open flames is not permitted inside the senior center. Exceptions are small flame-producing items such as candles on a cake, sterno devices to keep food warm and small votive candles placed in a secure container. These votive candles must be approved by the center director. Prohibited items include torches, incense, charcoal grills, candle centerpieces and fragrance candles
7. No animals are allowed inside the building except for service animals.
8. Use of areas within the Slusser Senior Center not specified on the Reservation Form will result in additional fees.
9. The Town of Hopkinton is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged property belonging to members of rental groups utilizing the Slusser Senior Center.
Any exceptions or variations to this policy will require the approval of the Recreation Director. Requests must be made in writing and accompany your Slusser Senior Center rental form. The Recreation Director has the authority for the final decision on all rentals.
RESERVATION AGREEMENT: Applicant hereby agrees to release and hold harmless the Town of Hopkinton, its employees and agents from any liability or personal injury, or the loss or damage to personal property, which may arise in any way by use or occupancy of the Slusser Senior Center. I hereby certify that I have read the Rules and Regulations for Rental & Use of the Slusser Senior Center and will see that my activity will abide by these rules. I understand that I am responsible for lost, stolen, and/or damaged equipment at the Slusser Senior Center and the conduct of the reserving group. I understand that I must abide by all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they apply to my reservation/rental. My signature further indicates that I have read this statement and all of the
information contained herein is true.