What if, after this formal review with the assessor, I still disagree with the assessment?

You should arrange to appear before the Board of Tax and Land Appeals (BTLA) or Superior Court. The assessing office can provide you with an objection form to the Board of Tax and Land Appeals that you must complete in full. You will then be scheduled for a hearing at the BTLA. BTLA operates like a court, but it is not as formal. It can hear only sworn oral testimony and will hear testimony from you or your representative and from the assessor.