41 Houston Drive Contoocook NH 03229
Mailing: 330 Main St Hopkinton NH 03229
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm
The Slusser Center opened on November 3, 2007, thanks to the generosity of Gene and Anne Slusser. It is a public building owned by the Town of Hopkinton, and is operated under the Recreation Department and under the direction of the Recreation Director. The Center's primary use is for senior residents, aged 50 years or older.
The Slusser Center provides a community space for the Town of Hopkinton and its residents of all ages. It is a gathering place where the senior community of Hopkinton can meet together to pursue mutual interests, receive health and educational services and participate in social and recreational activities that enhance their dignity, support their independence and encourage their continued involvement in and with the community. The Center strives to create a space that feels welcoming, comfortable, safe and accessible for people of all ages.
SENIOR activities at the Slusser Center (for residents and non-residents 50+)
- Strength & Balance Exercises (Mon & Wed 3-4 pm)
- Strength Exercises (Tues & Thurs 9-10 am)
- Free Blood Pressure Checks (Wed 11:30 am-12 pm)
- Senior Lunch (Wed 12-1 pm) $4 donation suggested
- Intermediate Line Dancing (Mon, Wed & Fri 10-11:30 am)
- Knitting Group (Tues 2:30 pm)
- Quilting Group (Thurs 10 am - 4 pm)
- Cribbage (Tues 1-3:30 pm)
- Bingo (1st and 3rd Fri 1 pm)
- Dominoes (Wed 1 pm)
- Card Making (Wed 12:45 pm & Fri 1 pm usually 2nd week of the month)
- Mah Jongg Games(2nd and 3rd Fri 1-3 pm)
- Memoirs Class (Tuesdays 12:15 am)
- Movie in the Afternoon (last Friday of the month, 1 pm)
- Chair Yoga (Mon 12:30 pm & Friday 10 am)
ADULT activities at the Slusser Center
- Walking Program (every Tues except the 1st Tues of the month 10:15 am)
- Beginner Tai Chi Class (Thurs 6 pm)
- Tai Chi Group (Tues 6 pm, Sat 8:30 am)
- Women's Knitting Group (Tues 6:30 pm)
- Community Scrapbooking & Crafts Club (2nd Fri 7 pm, 3rd Sunday 1:30)
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather during the winter months, the Slusser Senior Center will follow the Hopkinton School District closing/delayed opening schedule. If the schools close, the Slusser Senior Center will be closed. If there is a delayed opening, the Slusser Senior Center will open at 10 am, and all programs will start at 10 am. If there is an early release, the Slusser Senior Center will close at 12:30pm and there will be no afternoon programs.
At present there is no charge to become a member of the Slusser Center. Some activities are free and some require small fees, and donations are always accepted. The Center invites senior residents to suggest or begin new group activities.
Senior Recreation Council
The Senior Recreation Committee meets every third Monday at 1 p.m. at the Center and the meeting is open to the public.
Volunteers are an integral part of the Slusser Senior Center community. The daily activities and many of the programs, classes and meals are run by volunteers. We are always looking for volunteers and if you are willing to help, we will find you a spot!
The Slusser Senior Center invites you to drop in and visit, take a tour, and participate in an activity! Calendars of monthly activities are available at the front desk.