Town Meeting 2022
CALL TO THE MEETING:
To the inhabitants of the TOWN OF HOPKINTON in the county of Merrimack in the state of New Hampshire qualified to vote in town affairs are hereby notified and warned that the Annual Town Meeting will be held as follows:
OFFICIAL BALLOT VOTING DAY:
You are hereby notified to meet at the Hopkinton Middle/High School Gymnasium, 297 Park Avenue, Contoocook, on Tuesday, March 8, 2022, beginning at 7:00 a.m. to act on Articles 1 to 3, the election of officers, zoning amendments, and keno. The polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- To protect the health and safety of our community, the wearing of a face mask is appreciated while indoors.
You are hereby notified to meet at the Hopkinton Middle/High School Gymnasium, 297 Park Avenue, Contoocook, on Saturday, March 12, 2022, at 9:00 a.m. to act upon the remaining articles.
- To protect the health and safety of our community, the Town Moderator kindly requests the wearing of a face mask while indoors at Town Meeting.
- Please note that there is no same-day voter registration for the Saturday business portion of Town Meeting.
Saturday, March 12, 2022 Live Streaming Access Information
You can not participate in the meeting or vote unless you are physically present at the meeting.
To watch the meeting go to: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88978251180
To listen on the phone: 1 (646) 558-8656 Webinar ID: 889 7825 1180
- Absentee Ballot Request Form for Town/School Election (Concern for COVID exposure still qualifies as a reason to request an absentee ballot)
- RESULTS Town Ballot
- RESULTS School District Ballot
- Complete text of proposed Zoning Amendments
- Candidates Forum Video
Saturday, March 12, 2022, 9:00 a.m. Business Session:
- Houston Barn Presentation from Public Hearing
- Houston Barn Bond Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Houston Barn Committee Report
- Houston Barn Assessment Report 8/2021
Health and Safety Precautions:
- To protect the health and safety of our community, the Town Moderator requests the wearing of face masks while indoors for Town Election Day and Saturday Town Meeting.
- Seats on the floor of the gymnasium will be socially distanced.
- To protect the health and safety of our community, the wearing of a face mask is requested and appreciated while indoors. Separate "masked" and "unmasked" seating sections will be marked in the gymnasium for Town Meeting. Seating will be socially distanced. We appreciate everyone's cooperation and understanding.
- If you are concerned about potential COVID-19 exposure, you can request an absentee ballot for Election Day. Absentee ballot voting is not available for Town or School Saturday Business portions of the meetings per state statute.
- Please note that the statute that provided for remote Town Meeting and drive-through voting that last two years has sunset.
- Consistent with state statutue, February 26 is the last day to register to vote before the Town/School Election Day. Voters may register at the polls on March 8, but there is no same-day registration at either the Town or the School Business Sessions on Saturday.
- Town Meeting Statutes (RSA 40)
- 16 Things Every Citizen Should Know About Town Meeting
- Town Meeting Election Calendar
Contact for questions prior to Town and School Meeting
- Carol Harless, Town Clerk/Tax Collector - (603) 746-3180 - email@example.com
Town Budget/Warrant Articles
- Town website - which you are on now
- Neal Cass, Town Administrator - (603) 746-8242 - firstname.lastname@example.org
School District Budget/Warrant Articles