The Hopkinton Energy Committee is re-established to advise the Select Board on energy-related matters and to more specifically:
- Promote and encourage energy conservation measures for Hopkinton’s residents, businesses, and municipal operations, engaging the community with the goal of creating a more energy-conscious community.
- Work with the town government, public entities, and interested parties to identify, study, encourage and propose changes in current or future energy-related operational procedures or regulatory requirements.
- Identify resources to support the implementation of the committee’s goals.
- Develop a town energy plan.
Structure of Committee:
The Committee shall consist of up to 6 members appointed by the Select Board for staggered 3-year terms and one Select Board member appointed by the Select Board annually. The committee shall elect a chair and keep minutes of all meetings. All meetings shall comply with the provision of NHRSA 91-A.
Anticipated areas to be part of this work:
- Installation of solar arrays on town-owned property.
- Implementation of Community Power.
- Use of the town-owned Contoocook Hydro Dam.
- Installation of electric vehicle charging stations.
- Implementation of energy efficiencies at town-owned properties.
- Education of the public on energy and energy conservation related issues.