Purpose: To oversee the preservation and storage of official town documents ensuring that they are properly maintained for longevity, are protected from danger, and are accessible to the public within established guidelines.
Structure of Committee: The committee shall consist of the Town Clerk/Tax Collector, Treasurer, Town Administrator, and two members appointed by the Select Board, meeting the requirements of NH RSA 33-A:3. Officials may designate someone to represent them on the committee. The committee shall each year elect a chair and keep minutes of all meetings. All meetings shall comply with the provision of NH RSA 91-A.
Duties and Responsibilities: (The following statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work to be performed by the committee. They are no intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.)
- To assure compliance with all state laws and directives relative to the preservation, storage, retention, and disposition of all town records.
- To make recommendations on the proper storage location for permanent records to assure they are maintained using best practices
- To make recommendation as to the proper restoration of archive documents.
- To recommend policies and procedures for the public viewing of town archive documents.
- To recommend polices and procedures for the disposal of town documents.