When do I need to obtain a permit?

Permits are needed for:

  • Interior renovations
  • Additions of any size - residential, commercial, industrial
  • Enlarging existing structures, rooms, or spaces
  • Creating new rooms or spaces within a structure
  • Structural changes or repairs
  • Dormers
  • Demolitions of all or part of a structure
  • New or replacement structures, including sheds, pools, decks, garages, carports, etc.
  • Changes in Use or Occupancy
  • Expansion or changes to electrical, plumbing, mechanical or fire protection systems
  • Signs - new or replacement